History and areas of expertise of the Company
Vieujot is a family company founded in 1880 by Adolphe Vieujot. The picture on the right was taken in 1899.
The first kilns are installed in Villetaneuse, Seine Saint Denis, France.
The Company later moved to Montmagny and started up again in 1947 in the “Pavé Saint Paul” quarry in Soisy sous Montmorency, Val d'Oise.
As long as 1899, it already manufactures coloured gypsum plaster for exterior use and, more than a century later, remains the last French independent gypsum plaster manufacturer.
In addition to producing gypsum plaster in powder and blocks form, Vieujot maintains the tradition of producing high quality exterior gypsum plasters and stuccos.
In 1996, the company Plâtre.com was set up to provide technical plasters i.e. mortars for decoration and plasters for renovation.
To bring out the outstading natural qualities of these materials, three simple principles apply:
- Using high quality materials
- Providing precise technical assistance
- Manufacturing to order
These principles relate to the requirements of the finishes:
- In Decoration, we make colour and texture samples according to the Client's needs, using (for example) Pantone colour chart or ranges of samples;
- In Restoration, we carry out a chemical analysis of the remaining original coating and support provided. We then reproduce the material in terms of composition, properties, performances and aspect.
This method is next, therefore applied to other building materials :
- the Metal mortars countertyping the cutstone
- the clay for the works on cob or rammed earth
- The lime and pozzolanic mortars
- Any custom-mortars according to specifications
Since 1996, the Company's " Customized Building Materials " operations have grown at 30 % per year, confirming the string interest in this demanding and original approach for high quality works.